Another Promise
Yesterday, my mind recalled on of the Lord's greatest promises:
"When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there."
~2 Chronicles 7:13-16
How awesome is that?!
In times when we are suffering, being disciplined or just being rebellious toward God, He still is there for us. He patiently waits for us to turn to Him. No matter what garbage we've chosen over Him, no matter what evil thing we're doing, He says, "come back and I will take you." He wants us to know that He claims us even when we're bad and unworthy. Acknowledge that fact and the fact that He is Yaweh, Almighty God, and you are the work of His hands. Speak to Him; He is listening. Tell Him you're sorry. Apology accepted. Look to the Living Word, Jesus Christ, He will show you what to do- how to be. Walk away from the evil you are in. He knows it's hard for us, so He will help us. He forgives us. He comforts us. He strengthens us. He takes us in His arms like a loving Father. And He doesn't forget us. He watches over us and works in us to help us avoid sin... Always.
He told this first to Solomon after he had finished building the temple of the Lord. 1 Corinthians says that we are "temples of the Holy Spirit." He longs to have His Name rest upon you and His Spirit dwell within you.
I need this promise. There are days when it's all too evident I am living in the encampment of the enemy, when the battle is wearing me out. That's when I need this promise, not just the His words, but the fact He acts, not just speaks in/to me.
This promise is for peoples, nations and tribes. When you look at how bad things can get, know that He is able to do the impossible on a grand scale. He alone can reach out into a sea of lostness and rescue the masses.
"Father, I am certainly not worth this promise and the work you have done in me, but I am thankful, even if I don't always show it. Open my eyes to your kindness when I struggle and remind me of how much better you are than anything else I pursue. Amen."
~jason


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home