Uh, that wasn't in the playbook, was it?

I found this on espn and thought it was funny and appropriate for the Clemson-South Carolina game; it's from an interview with QB Charlie Whitehurst (seen at right).
Funniest moment in a huddle: "Well, we run a no-huddle offense."
OK, then, funniest moment: "My old center, Tommy Sharpe, was a 5-foot-10, 5-11 guy, one of the toughest guys I ever played with. He had a problem with throwing up on the ball. It happened a couple of times in practice. It happened against Georgia a couple of years ago on the first play of the [first] game. I fumbled the snap. It was slippery!
"One day in practice, we're in the shotgun, I'm looking at the defense, and he's throwing up again. I don't know it. The ball goes right through my hands, hits my chest and bounces away. It took me until I had jumped on it to realize what had happened. Luckily, it was the last play of practice, so I got that jersey off pretty quick."


1 Comments:
That's playing football "the hard way"! Yuck!
Post a Comment
<< Home