Thursday, December 29, 2005

Shingo Mama No Oha! (and other Asian madness)


Almost each day presents new quirks. Depending on how you look at them, they can either be sources of great frustration, a learning experience or a really good laugh (or sometimes all three).
Recently, my apartment complex installed a little box next to all the doors in the building. (It's the grey and purple rectangle with the red circle next to the door. That's the doorbell below it.)
I'm assuming their mini-mailboxes, but I'm not sure since they've never been used for that. As you can see the apartment staff still places my bills in the crack of the door.
I'm guessing that they didn't measure the mailboxes, because everything I get is too big to put in the slot. It was a nice gesture, but now it's just a waste since proper prep work wasn't done.

I also recently found a link to this music video: Shingo Mama No Oha! on LLR. It beautifully (and horrifically) captures the oddities and differences of Asian cultures. It doesn't look Thai (even if the singer would fit right in here), but I'm not sure where it's from... Japan? Singapore? Georgia Tech?

Enjoy (well, not really enjoy... hmm...)
Observe.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, December 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what up kid rock... sorry to see that you deal with the "WHY'S" of this world as well... i have just accepted that when stupid stuff happens it is better to accept it without asking "WHY"... Anywho, i hope that your christmas was good, things here went really well... sorry for not emailin in so long, will try to get back on that soon... until then hang in there brother... love you kid... 33

 

Post a Comment

<< Home