GIVING IS BETTER THAN RECEIVING!!!
Today after church, I went to my regular Sunday lunch spot. I was talking with the waitress, Mickey. She asked if I was getting ready for Christmas. I said, "yes" and we talked a little bit about what Christmas is about and how different people celebrate it. She knew it was about Jesus' birth.
She had a friend there, Jern, who I have met before and seen several times before. I didn't know if Jern knew about the real meaning about Christmas, so I asked Mickey and Jern if I could tell them about Christmas (Jern doesn't speak English as well and I don't speak Thai well, so I would have to use Mickey to interpret). As it turned out, Jern is a Christian and her parents are leaders of a church in northern Thailand. I told her that I am a Christian too.
There was another girl there, Jane, the chef's assistant. I asked her if she would like to hear about Christmas (through Mickey). She said, "yes." So I proceeded to tell the Christmas story from Luke 2 to Mickey, Jern and Jane. Mickey interpreted and when she didn't understand some of the words, Jern could usually fill in the blanks since she was familiar with the story.
I think it went really well and Jane said she understood, as did Mickey.
It was one of the highlights of my time here in Chiang Mai. Thank God for this opportunity. Please pray that Jesus' story would be told to people all over the world this Christmas season.


1 Comments:
Very cool! I'm happy for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home