Sunday, October 30, 2005

Right Time, Right Place

Istanbul was fantastic! It was a very interesting city: almost all Muslim, yet very European. It is the only city to be in both Europe and Asia. The people have such character in their faces. You see little old ladies in winter coats and scarves looking very old school East European and then men in stylish suits, with moussed hair looking like GQ guys. A city that was a times, the center of the Roman Empire, the Byzantine Empire and the Ottoman Empires, and a major hub for both Christianity and Islam.
Thankfully, this trip was as much a spiritual retreat as a workshop. I was needing time to pause and spend time with brothers and sisters to reflect on Our Father, His promises, His Word and His Son. I know that some time in the future I am going to look back on this trip and say, "that was a pivotal point in my life and the Lord was at work."

With that I want to list 10 things that I'm thankful for (in alphabetical order):
1. Affirmation from my father.
2. Affirmation from Our Father.
3. A God that saves marriages.
4. Cooperative Program and Lottie Moon Offering that keep me on the field and enable me to do my work.
5. Hearing testimonies from believers around the world.
6. Men taking time to invest spiritually in me.
7. Relationships.
8. Seeing a specific place in a movie or TV show and then going there.
9. Sunsets in beautiful new places.
10. Your prayers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home