Thai of the Week: Rama IX

In honor of the King's birthday this week...
Name: His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej the Great or "Rama IX" or "Nai Luang" or "Phra Chao Yu Hua"
Occupation: King of Thailand
Religion: Buddhism
Family Members: wife, Queen Sirikit, 3 daughters and 1 son
Favorite Music: Jazz
Favorite Sport: Boating and Yatching (he acutally won a gold medal in the 1967 SE Asia Games!)
Favorite Book: The Story of Thong Daeng
What do you like to do in your free time? develop agriculture projects, water conservation, land use strategies and skill training; play and compose jazz music; paint; photography; write and translate books
Favorite thing about Thailand: helping the people
American you would most like to meet: Jason Cancel


2 Comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!
When I filled out the sheet for the King, I wanted to be a close to factual while still having some fun. During my research, I have to say that I have been utterly amazed by the King. He is a gold medalist in yatching, is an accomplished jazz musician, a very good marksman, was a good ice skater and skier (grew up in Switzerland), and is the only Royalty in the world to have several patents- for rainmaking, nonetheless! I think many countries would be hard pressed to boast such a benevolent, talented and caring leader.
Interestingly enough, he was born in Boston.
Post a Comment
<< Home