Sit down for a hand
While I was in China we visited a beautiful park. One of the things that was quite common to see was older Chinese people playing some sort of card game. The cards were long and shaped like a large tongue depressor and had red or black characters on them. I decided to take a seat at the table to investigate.

Unfortunately, I didn't know how to say, "Deal me in," in Chinese, so I settled for watching.

Here, Ernie* and I look at Martin's* hand to try and give him a little help since he was losing at the time.
Watching Gene* make his move.
Here I am questioning Martin's* latest move.
Well, thanks to my help, Martin won the hand, but before they could rope me into the Chinese version of the World Series of Poker, I had to split.* Names changed for security.


3 Comments:
You are CRACKING. ME. UP. Looks like an amazing time. :)
man, you spend more time in China than I do! And Im Chinese!
Actually, I need a Cantonese tutor, can you help?
(Actually, I believe you speak Mandarin, but I could be wrong.)
Post a Comment
<< Home