Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Rant, Wisdom and Love

1. Today I was surfing and saw a headline on msn.com for the top 10 hot new jobs. I thought it would be a good thing to check out seeing that I am looking for a job. Unfortunately, I didn't save the link or blog about it immediately, because now I can't find the article. However, out of the top 10 hot new jobs, 3 were related to animals. In fact, the #1 new job is "Animal Physical Therapist", if your dog has tennis elbow or you cat is recovering from a torn MCL after a bad landing (but still on all-fours mind you), you are definitely going to need to send him to a PT, right? Okay, so maybe I am being a bit harsh, but I about flipped when I saw #2... "Animal Lawyer"- no, I am not kidding. For example, a couple divorces, she gets the house and kids, he gets the sports car and the plasma TV, but who gets Rex?! That's where the Pet Lawyer comes in... to "represent" the pooch in the heated custody battle. Or what if your Animal PT, messes up your cat's neck with one of those lampshades? Then your Pet Lawyer can sue for malpractice. I can't even remember what the other one was, I think it was slightly more practical like Animal Daycare Worker. But seriously, we are a messed up people. I have heard about a Thai girl who was sold into prostitution 6 times! BY HER MOTHER!!! I think she needs a lawyer more that Paris Hilton's purse rat-of-a-dog. Or what about kids in Africa who walk with a gimp because of misplaced polio shots? Does your cat deserve better health care?
Needless to say, I'm not attending any PETA meetings in the near future.

2. Okay, enough stupidity; now for some wisdom. This is from A.W. Tozer (one of my favorite authors):
"Let us not imagine that the truth of the divine self-sufficiency will paralyze Christian activity. Rather it will stimulate all holy endeavor. This truth, while a needed rebuke to human self-confidence, will when viewed in its Biblical perspective lift from our minds the exhausting load of mortality and encourage us to take the easy yoke of Christ and spend ourselves in Spirit-inspired toil for the honor of God and the good of mankind. For the blessed news is that the God who needs no one has in sovereign condescension stooped to work by and in and through His obedient children."

3. Finally, as we wrap up this Valentine's Day may you remember the words penned by the Apostle John: "We love because he (God) first loved us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home