Tuesday, December 13, 2005

More from the field

This is from an interview with a former Muslim in Niger, West Africa:

"It just by this very [man]. He came up to me once, said I should teach him Tamashek. I do. We work on this sometimes. Later, he give me Bible. Then I read the Bible, sometimes I have questions. I would go to his place and answer my questions in the Bible. I’m always looking for in the Bible where to find anything like fault or where to say, 'ahh this'- whatever to condemn in the Bible. I do all I can do to condemn whatever I can find in the Bible, but no way. I couldn’t find it. When I said, “this is bad,” let me go, I would go ask him. Oh, say, 'this is how it is, this, this…' I find it good. So, finally I give up. I became a Christian. So, without missionaries everyone will still remain in the dark among the Tuaregs, but if we have [people] coming, doing exactly as they come to do I think they will reach Tuareg."

a Good Book, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home