Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Gator bait

I just read where Florida's backup QB, Josh Portis, has decided to transfer before the bowl game. He cited lack of playing time as the reason for leaving.
Okay, I can sympathize with a kid wanting to be on the field, but I really have to question Portis' "smarts" and attitude.
First, Portis came to a school where Chris Leak had been a promising QB from his freshman year; he looked like a star in the making. Obviously, Portis should have realized that and figured he be #2 until his turn came around (or until he outshined Leak, which apparently he couldn't do).
Second, it gives a "ME team" philosophy instead of "TEAM me". I have to cite Gator rivals, UGA with the whole Greene-Shockley debate. Sometimes, patience and humility win out on the grid iron (but more importantly, the win out in God's eyes).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home