Little things to make life better
If Canaan was the "Land of Milk and Honey", then Thailand is the "Land of Condensed Milk and Fish Sauce"...
Today, I stopped at one of the numerous food stands (this one was portable as it was the sidecar of a motorbike) to get a little snack. The guy was making snowcones and some kind of frozen hodge-podge dessert. I ordered an orang snowcone, but he added condensed milk to it. Now the Thais love themselves some condensed milk (it's a wonder with all the condensed milk and coconut that they are fat like Americans, but Jiap assures me it's bread and cheese that does us in). Anyway, it was AWESOME! Kind of like those old orange-creamsicles or a "push-up bar". You should try it.
Second, some friends told me about this website with some pretty cool videos. It's done by a bunch of Asian kids at UCSD (Univ. of Cal. at San Diego). There is some really good stuff. Be sure to check out "Yellow Fever". I also enjoyed the Jason Mraz video. The files are pretty big, so you either need a good connection or time to download.
Enjoy!


1 Comments:
I like the wedding cake flavor with condensed milk. It's awesome!
Post a Comment
<< Home