Friday, August 04, 2006

Nam Tok Bua Thong

Last Saturday, some friends and I went up north about 50 km (31 miles) to a national park.
The park featured a spring and a 3 stage waterfall and some beautiful sites.
The origin of the water for the waterfall is a spring called Jed Si (7 colors) or Rainbow Spring.
Above: This is the origin of the spring. Notice how the water is clear and the ground under the water looks normal around the edge (brown and green), but in the center where it's deeper it is blue. It was one of the strangest and prettiest things I have seen here.
Below: Drink up!
Actually, I didn't drink any of it, but they had bowls on the end of poles like this one so you could get some to drink. But I don't have fond memories of my amoebae incident in West Africa and passed on opportunity for the "cultural experience".
Above: This is me at the top of the highest stage of the waterfall. You can see the water behind me.
Below: I think this a view from the bottom of the top (or middle) tier of the waterfall. See the falls split by the trees and greenery. The falls look like they are light brown and muddy, but that was the rock that was under the water. It was really cool and unique. The rock was very rounded, but it was rough like sandpaper. Thus, you could walk or climb on the rocks and not slip like most waterfalls. I had never seen anything like it.

Above: Me and 3 of my Chinese friends (Unfortunately, no one told me I was supposed to make a gun with my hands and point).
Below: Craig takes a rest on a big tree.Above: Craig and I hang out at the bottom of the middle tier and the top of the bottom tier.
Below: Looking down from the top of the last tier. If you climbed down there, youl could take a shower. Here is the whole gang.

"Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, August 05, 2006, Blogger Ginny said...

Diggin' the burns. And the scenery, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home