I was never one to take advice from TLC
One of the many great things about Chiang Mai is there is plenty of stuff to do and explore if you are willing. There is a mountain that make the Western border of the city and it has National Parks, temples, hiking trails and... Waterfalls!

Above: Trees frame a view of the city from part way up the mountain. Below: Three Chinese friends at the falls: Baw Baw, Penny and Deborah.


Above: Penny and Deborah strike a pose at the falls. Below: Another shot near the top of the falls. You can tell the cultural differences here; the girls wore skirts and heels to traipse around the slippery rocks of the waterfalls. (I was so nervous.)


Above: Looking down on where two flumes converge. Below: Looking down at the girls.

Above: Me at one of the landings of the falls. Below: I flash the "Thai point" for the photo while Baw Baw sports the "classic Chinese V".

We had a great time and stayed until the sunset over the mountain.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home