Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Beautiful Places


Here are some more photos from my trip to China. Above: I am standing on one of the many mountains that are scattered along the landscape, overlooking a park area and the outskirts of the city. I was constantly amazed by the views in this place. Below: I get out of the way so you can see what I am talking about. If I had one complaint is was the haze which made it more difficult to truly take it all in.

Above: "The hills are alive... with the sound of yelling?" It's not just the sights, but the sounds that tickle you senses. One thing that is very common on mountains like this is hearing Chinese people yelling or singing very loud. They yell to try to release any evil spirts that are in them. I wish you had an audio sample of my yell, but it would probably blow out your speakers. Below: Elephant Trunk Hill in the park named after it. It's one of the most famous places and pictures of this city.

Above: But it's not just elephants getting all the glory... here you see the aptly named "Camel Hill." Bill Clinton actually gave a speech in front of this rock formation and you can get your photo at the podium in the spot he stood. Below: Another photo op is with girls dressed in the special costumes of the minority people groups that inhabit southern China.
Above: "Does anyone have some scissors?"
Above: This is a famous hotel in China because it is supposedly the largest man-made waterfall in the world. At 8:30pm they turn on the waterworks, lights and music and the show goes on for about 15 minutes. It's pretty cool to see the hotel turned into a waterfall. Below: A closer look including the dining room areas.Still more photos to come so check back in a day or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home