Saturday, February 17, 2007

"There can be only one"

If you are a 30-something year old guy like me, you will remember the title of this post as one of the quotes from the movie "The Highlander", staring Sean Connery and Christopher Lambert. The movie was about a group of immortals that were being drawn together as part of something called "The Gathering".
In a way, I feel like one of the immortals- no, I'm not referring to eternal life in Christ, but rather as one of a group of people being drawn together from around the world to "gather" in one place next week. I will meet up with other people who have been working overseas- many of whom I trained with and met while living overseas. It is exciting to have the opportunity to share with so many people that have shared similar experiences and can understand my experience in a special way.
Another difference from the movie is that beheadings will be less likely... unless I run into that Jacob Pierce guy! You're mine! (Just kidding)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home