Yellow Surprise
Today, I was just about to leave Greenville, South Carolina, to head back to Atlanta and I ran across something unusual... He was sitting with his back to me, in a bright yellow shirt with some writing on it... I immediately recognized the writing- not what it said, but rather what it was... Thai. I walked up to his front side and asked him if he had been to Thailand. He had- in fact, he just got back in December after teaching for a while in Northern Thailand. He quickly rattled off, "khun phud phasah Thai, dai mai?" I said, "dai nid-noi."
Joshua, a local college student, was sporting his yellow garb because it is Monday and in Thailand, you were yellow on Monday. He even had the yellow-orange rubber bracelet they made to honor the King.
It was refreshing to meet someone else who had lived in Thailand and was missing it a lot. He, like me, hopes to return sometime in the near future.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home