Seattle Trip Part 9: Hobbling back to civilization Day 3
A crisp morning, a placid lake and a conversation with the Creator of it all.

Saying, "hello" to Rufina after she says, "hello" to God.

As I mentioned (and showed) in my last post, my toes were plagued with blisters. I knew that I would not fare well hiking 4 & 1/2 miles with a 25+ lbs. pack in my hiking boot, so I improvised... sock liner, hiking sock and a Teva sandal... (also a tribute to my buddy Craig)

Here I am sporting an unconventional hiking look. The Teva took pressure off my blister and made hiking less painful; however, I noticed that it also put more pressure on my ankle since I didn't have a hiking boot to support it. Nonetheless, I made it.

Zee and Grace finish packing up their stuff.

One last shot of the crew before we hiked back out. It was an amazing trip and I really appreciate Zee for all the planning she put into it and Grace and Rufina for allowing me to join their group. I should also give big props to Zee and Grace who just days before hiked up to the Enchantment Lake which was originally our goal. Just to give you some info about that hike: it is only 13.5 miles, but you do 4020 feet in elevation, most of which is on the first day with your pack. The trail also rates as "difficult" and is steep and rocky. However, Zee and Grace were up for the challenge and got to see some of the most beautiful scenery in one of the most beautiful places in the US.

We made it out a little after lunch time and then raced back to Seattle to check into the hotel where I parked in front of the TV to watch UGA take on South Carolina (and that is all I'm going to say about that except that Rufina is a tremendously patient and understanding woman and I am blessed to have her in my life).
Up Next: Wrapping up the trip with flying fish...


2 Comments:
Improper use of the words "they're, their and there" look silly on web pages and blogs. You have "Zee and Grace finish packing up there stuff." when it shoud be "...their stuff". You are a journalist, right?
Former jounalist.
Post a Comment
<< Home