Harbor Crossing and more
I probably have mentioned it before, but one of my favorite ways to get around Hong Kong is the ferry. It's usually not as busy as the MTR or buses and you get a great view of the skyline, like this shot of the Hong Kong Island skyline at sunset.

Looking out at the world around him and pondering... who knows what?

Kowloon comes into view.

Sunset over the Kowloon side of Hong Kong. The tall building on the right is under construction and will be Kowloon's version of the IFC building. Its smaller siblings to the right are posh apartment buildings where I go for Bible study.

Last Saturday, I took a short hike from my apartment, up the mountain to Quarry Gap. This is photo of one of the flowers along the way. I think it might be a Bauhinia which is the official flower of Hong Kong (but if I am wrong feel free to correct me).

This past weekend Hong Kong hosted its annual book fair at the convention center. It is the biggest convention in Hong Kong. 14,000 people passed through in the first hour alone. I spent about 4 hours with Mike and Katy, fighting the crowds to look for bargain books. I ended up with a book about Chinglish, The World is Flat and an English writing book to use for class.
In the kids' section I found this... uh... giant Sugar Baby? Really, I have no idea what it is or what it was promoting, but I decided to take advantage of the photo op.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home