Welcome
When making my decision to move to Hong Kong, I took many factors into account. One of them was my spiritual well-being.
Back when I was here the first time, I noted that the church family here had really embraced me and gone out of their way to make me feel welcome. As I got to meet more and more people (mostly through Rufina), I really felt like there was a network of friend- or a community, if you will- to grow with. They had already shown their willingness to support and encourage me. And I also felt like I would be able to encourage them and walk with them.
So it felt great to be back in church here Sunday evening. Several familiar faces welcomed me back, including the pastor. And I also met some new people and got to talk with a couple that I had just met on Friday. As I was singing worship songs and looking around, I felt home. It is a wonderful feeling to be welcomed into the Body of Christ, wherever that might be.
On Friday, I met with the Bible study group that I had attended while I was here before. It was so good to be with them, learn about the new things in their lives and share what the Lord has been doing in my life.
With all the questions and uncertainties about coming out here, one thing that I find comfort and security in, is the body of believers that have made me feel so welcomed here.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home