Saturday, October 18, 2008

School Carnival

Last weekend, Tsung Tsin (the school I teach at), held their big school Carnival. I wasn't quite sure what to expect other than working ALL DAY.

I was actually pretty impressed with how things went. We had a big turnout and it seemed like most people enjoyed it... or at least the patrons. The opening ceremony started off with a traditional lion dance.

I was trying to snap a shot of a bunch of the students in their colorful outfits- the kindergartners are the ones in the front that look like junior crossing guards, but I actually surprised one of our kindergarten teachers (bottom left). Oops!

These are two of my students, and two of my smarter students at that. They are in different classes and are at or near the top of both of their respective classes in English and General Studies.

As a sidebar, after the carnival there was an alumni dinner (at which I was the only white guy). I'm sure you know the drill. Someone asks you to take a photo of a group of people and before you know it...

You have 5 or 6 cameras dangling from your wrist as you take a dozen of so photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home