Farmers in the dell
A few weeks ago we took some of the students on back-to-back field trips. The first day, we went to an organic farm up near the border with mainland China. I was paired with a third grade class. The farm was really neat and they had different stations where the students could learn about farming and recycling, while getting hands-on experience.

Here are the kids learning how to make recycled paper.

Checking the final results...

At the next station, they learned how to make whole-grain bread... and a mess.

The big dark spots are raisins and the tiny black spots are sesame seeds.

The bread was a little salty and sweet, but I thought it was pretty tasty.

Finally, we put the kids to work doing some manual labor (cue evil laugh). The practiced with hoes and rakes.

I really enjoyed the trip... so much so, I fell asleep on the bus on the way back.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home