Thursday, January 05, 2006

My Final 25

I know you are all sad to see the football talk come to an end, but I guess it must, so here's my final Top 25:

1. Texas - the greatest team in the hworld (said like Celine Dion)
2. USC - formerly the greatest team in history (said like ESPN)
3. Penn State
4. Ohio State - wanted to put OSU higher than Penn St based on bowls, but PSU had better record and head-to-head victory
5. LSU - barely
6. West Virginia
7. Alabama
8. Virginia Tech
9. TCU
10. UGA -4 points from being #3. 8 points from being #2.
11. Notre Dame
12. Florida
13. Oregon
14. Wisconsin
15. UCLA
16. Auburn - crappy bowl performance dropped them farther in my mind
17. Miami
17. Boston College
17. Louisville
20. Texas Tech
21. Clemson
22. Oklahoma
23. Florida State - showed some moxy at the end, but never could maintain it during the season
24. Nebraska - I don't know if they're good or if Michigan was bad, but has some fluke wins
25. Toledo

3 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, January 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

any predictions on when that football genius, Mike Shula, will beat AU? Gene Chysik come to Bama!

 
At 7:29 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger JasonC said...

It will take at least 5 years of losses to AU if Shula is able to maintain 10 win seasons. More if he wins an SEC title or National title.
I don't have the numbers in hand, but I believe his win total has climbed since he got there. That's hard to argue with since the program was in bad shape coming out of the Dubose Era and the other scandals.

 
At 8:22 AM, January 07, 2006, Blogger Rick Boyne said...

22? 22? Gimme a break

 

Post a Comment

<< Home