Thursday, March 16, 2006

Not since my sophomore year in high school...

Not since my sophomore year in high school... have I attempted to run a 5K race. (Yes, believe it or not, I was on the JV Cross Country team in high school.) I will be running for a charity fundraiser to help raise money and awareness for Burmese believers. Imagine a country where you could be killed for being a Christian or where the government encourages genocide or where going to the neighboring town could be a fatal trip because of land mines... this is the reality of Myanmar (formerly Burma). It's amazing that in a country with atrocities on par with that of Iraq that most of the world doesn't have a clue about the situation (or even where the country is). So I will be running/jogging/walking/crawling this Saturday to help fellow believers and lost people have hope. Please pray for Myanmar, the believers there and those who have never heard of Jesus Christ. Please pray for my health, strength and endurance as I attempt to do this.
The next day, I will be on the road again for work. I will be doing a follow up to a story in Voices of the Faithful. If you haven't checked out this book yet, you should. It is a great 365 day devotional crafted by people serving the LORD all around the world. Please pray that my trip would be a success and help people to know more about God's work around the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home