Sharing a little of my heart, asking for prayer
My first night in Greenville, I went out to have a few beers with Chris at Barley's pizza. We talked about work and tried to get to know each other. Chris was totally New York- accent, attitude, everything.
I took the job and Chris and I became friends. We were typically worldy guys that liked to drink, watch sports and do "guy things".
Thankfully, God put Nigel in my life as a witness and through that and other ways, God called me to Christ. My life started taking a different path- toward God.
Not long after, Chris' life started on a different path- toward a girl.
There was a definite change is both of us.
Thankfully, Got put April in Chris's life as a witness and as a wife.
I remember arriving at work one day, getting out of my news truck, walking to the back door as I did everyday. I passed Chris' new truck and he was sitting inside, with the door slightly ajar, reading the Bible.
I was amazed. "Who was this guy? An imposter?" I began to be awed that God had changed Chris' life so much- he still could be very NY, but there was a difference in him. "How could God change Chris so much?"
Then I stopped and looked at myself. "Hey, God changed you, too!" I thought. "What was more amazing than God changing Chris' life, was the fact that he had changed my life too and that I actually cared that he had changed Chris' life!"
We had both come a long way from a few beers at Barley's one night.
I hurried in to tell Nigel and celebrate God's grace and power.
I just found out that Chris is in the hospital with a brain tumor and swelling in his brain. This is very serious. Chris and April have been wonderfully supportive of me coming overseas to follow God's call. Please lift Chris and April up, as I do the same.
Thanks,
jason


1 Comments:
I'm praying.
Post a Comment
<< Home