Thursday, May 04, 2006

in my head

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF I SANG OUT OF TUNE
WOULD YOU STAND UP AND WALK OUT ON ME?
LEND ME YOUR EARS AND I'LL SING YOU A SONG
I WILL TRY NOT TO SING OUT OF KEY

These lyrics were rolling around all day in my head today. I used to be a big "Wonder Years" fan and I always think of the show when Joe Cocker strains the words from his gut.
Also on my mind was this song by Third Day:

You said all that follow You may find
Comfort and pain, blessings in hard times
Were I to leave, where else would I go?
The words of life and of truth You hold

All I want is love
I confess to this
I will take it, Lord
All You have to give

how great the love lavished on us all
that we can be the children of God

Did life have you singing songs today? If so, why not tell me in the comments section.

2 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, May 04, 2006, Blogger Ginny said...

"Blessed Be Your Name" and "It is Well With My Soul." Seemed appropriate for recent events. We sang 'em at house group tonight, too.

 
At 2:20 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger jason7655 said...

Funny that you are bringing up the Wonder Years...saw an E! show the other day where it was updating us on where Winnie is now...poor ol' winnie should have kept more clothes on. Anyway...with Blessed Be Your Name as my ringtone....and various 80's rap tunes flowing through my head randomly I'm doing pretty good on at least one song popping in my head daily.

TMI...I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home