Chiang Mai: Lunch, Dessert & Burning Hearts
After our excursion on the mountain, we headed down into the city to this little "restaurant" that was down an alley. It is called "Kuaytiaw Sahm Baht" (Noodles 3 Baht - about 8 cents). This is my friend Gade and I after finishing off several bowls of noodles.


Above: This is the bathroom at Kuaytiaw Sahm Baht.
Below: After the noodles, we went to a fancy chocolatier and enjoyed some tasty delights. Interestingly, you could get about 5 bowls of noodles for the price of one of the little numbers.

Above: A cheddi at Wian Kum Kam. It is believed that WKK, predated Chiang Mai as the main civilization in the area.Below: One of the chapels at McKean Hospital. This community was granted to a Christian doctor who came here and formed a leper colony. The entire area is surrounded by water- a river and several streams. Since leprosy has been in decline here, they have opened their doors to disabled people and help them get, adjust to and use prosthetic limbs. We visited the leper community part of the property, which happens to be one of Gade's favorite places. Honestly, I don't know what to say other than it was sobering, yet encouraging to see the faith of these afflicted people (most are Christians). I could have taken pictures of them to show you, but honestly, I didn't want to ask and it's probably better if you come and visit yourself instead of relying on a photo to "have" the experience. I'm sure they'd be glad to see you.
That wrapped up the guided portion of the days activities and I went to play my weekly game of Ultimate Frisbee- remembering what a blessing it is to be able to run, throw and catch.
Thank you, Gade & Wee for sharing this day with me. It was a true blessing from 2 Godly friends.
Later that night...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home