Some things never change, a lot do
While spending some time in Greenville, I was able to catch up with some friends and my church family and take in some of the sites in Greenville (despite the cold weather). One thing that had not changed was...
... the Peachoid in Gaffney- granted, it's not in Greenville, but it is still an Upstate landmark... something familiar- kind of like a "comfort food", if you will. Another thing that had not changed is Myra's hosting skills. She had a wonderful Chinese New Years party, will unique decorations, tasty food and a varied crowd. Oh, and Myra is still as beautiful as ever.
However, there were a lot of new and different things that had sprouted up in Greenville over the past 2 years. Falls Park was around, but it was not completed. There is much more landscaping and fine details that mark this wonderful oasis downtown. On a cold and windy day, there were still quite a few people strolling about and enjoying the sites.
This building was completely new and there were many like it and others on the way. This is a new "mixed use" building (the G-Vegas developers buzzword). It features artist studios on the lower level and has a Starbucks above that with fancy restauants to follow. And all this is topped off with office space and hi-rent condos and such. A new downtown ballpark, more hi-rent condos, new restaurants, trolley cars and much, much more captivated me.
Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of Forestville Baptist Church's new sanctuary, but it was amazing too. It is state of the art with media and is quite spacious. But I knew it was Forestville when I heard the first 2 praise songs- it just felt like old times. It was so good to see so many familiar faces (and some I didn't recognize), especially since many of them had faithfully lifted me in prayer over the past 2 years.
I will be back at Forestville on March 4th during the evening service to talk about my time in Thailand and around the world... hope to see your there.
Labels: Greenville


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home