Sunday, September 23, 2007

Seattle Trip Part 10: One last fly-by, before flying home

After spending more than a week in Seattle, we were looking for a low-key day before our red-eye flight later that night. We made a brief stop at the U-Dub campus to get a photo at Husky Stadium. We passed the stadium just about every time we made the drive from Kenmore into Seattle. Here Tyrone Willingham and I ponder how bad Notre Dame will be this season.

Unfortunately, the Mariners were not in town while we were, so I didn't get to go see a game, but I did get this photo of Safeco Field.

We spent most of the day at Pike's Market. Rufina shopped, while I found a coffee shop with Wi-Fi to rest my sore toes. However, I did take in "the show" at the world famous Pike Place Market Fish Market. The guy in foreground is about to "reel in" a fish. You can see it up near the light.

Here's a closer look.

After catching the fish and showing it to the crowd, he hurls it back to the guy behind the counter. You can make out the silver side of the fish as it is about to pass over the lady's head.

Unlike Tripp Chandler, this guy makes the catch (in paper).

We finished the night with dinner at a fancy little bistro on one of the side streets off the market. The grilled halibut was tasty. Then it was off to the airport and back to Atlanta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home