Thursday, December 27, 2007

Lights, Camera, Action!

One of the first things Rufina and I did when we got to Huntsville, Alabama, to spend time with my family was to check out some Christmas lights.
About a block from where I used to live in Huntsville, there are 2 guys that go all-out with Christmas decorations. One owns a liquor store and the other is a doctor. Here are photos from the doctor's house before the crowds really built up.

If you have ever tried to take photos of lights, you know it is difficult to convey the grandeur of it all. If you take a wide shot, the detail and number of lights don't come through, but if you take a close-up, the magnitude of it isn't reflected. So hopefully, I can give you a taste and you can fill in the rest.
Rufina and Elmo take in the Christmas Express. Along the length of the driveway is a train with several cars.


After the caboose, there are a number of little houses that each have a different theme, such as Disney, Looney Tunes and, as seen here, Sesame Street, where Elmo met... uh, himself?

There is even a snow machine that kicks out an arctic blast every once in a while.

I stumbled into a Coke commercial here at the North Pole with the polar bears and the penguins.

Elmo catches a ride on Santa's sleigh. Typically, this sleigh would be pulled by real reindeer, but because of a neighbor's complaint, we had to settle for inflatable ones.

Rufina and I got to visit with Santa and give him our wish list. He was just one of 3 special guests there, including the Grinch and another Dr. Seuss character.

One of the other Christmas scenes was this ginger bread house, which is a nice segue to the next post on my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home