Good News
Back in November I spoke at a conference about my time overseas and the work I did there. I recently got an update from my friend who organized the conference and I wanted to share it with you:
"I wanted to share with you exciting news about our Lottie Moon Offering. To date our family at WFBC has given $65,586.47!!!! Last year we gave $30,000 and if you remember from our Missions Conference, we emphasized a new goal of $41,000...enough to support an IMB personnel on the field for a year. We have more than doubled what we gave last year!!! I am ecstatic and amazed at how far we have exceed our goal. Praise the Lord!!"
I am so glad that God could use the testimonies of His servants and the dedication of Stephanie (my friend) and the church leadership to speak to the hearts of the faithful members of WFBC.
I have always been one that shied away from passing around the plate and pleading for money, rather I tend to believe that you teach what the Bible says about giving, being a wise steward and sharing the stories of what God is doing and how He has enabled the Church's resources to accomplish His mission.
I don't think that just because WFBC gives $65K and Any Town First Baptist gives $10K, that WFBC is better, because the widow gave less, monetarily, than the Pharisees, but as Jesus said the widow gave more and out of faithfulness.
However, I rejoice with Stephanie and WFBC that they have made a statement that they are committed to seeing the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ spread throughout the nations.


1 Comments:
Don't sell your requests for giving short. Stewardship is part of God's call, as well as part of your ministry. Funds are required to move forward, and the giver grows his/her faith through the act.
Post a Comment
<< Home