Cookie Monsters
Another activity that I wanted to do with Rufina during the holidays was building a gingerbread house. Last year when I was in Thailand, we made gingerbread houses at a Christmas party and I really enjoyed it. This year, Johnson Ferry Baptist Church also had a gingerbread house competition and the houses were absolutely beautiful. So that inspired me to do something like that with Rufina, but time was short and the only kit we could find that was reasonably priced was one with 8 gingerbread men... er, people.

Here is the first pair. Rufina made the cute gal on the left and I made the dapper guy on the right.

Rufina made the odd-ball on the left that kinda looks like a robot mixed with a clown (or at least to me) and I did the vision-impaired girl in the frilly dress on the right.

Rufina's cheerleader and my football player.

Rufina was inspired to make this beach boy after I came up with the sun-loving lass in the string bikini.

Here we are with our creations. We had such a great time and I hope its the start of a tradition that we can keep up (because she is cuter that Wee- sorry about that, bro).

The look good enough to eat...

"Don't eat Herschel!"

Thankfully, we were better at making them than eating them, so they made it through the holidays, unless Ella ate the pair we gave her.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home