If one is good, then 7 million must be better
The people of Hong Kong have a saying, "People mountain, people sea" (Ren shan, ren hai or Yan san, yan hoi). It refers to the masses of people that fill the streets of this city crammed in between the sea and the mountains.
We took a little stroll Tuesday down some of the more crowded areas of the Kowloon side of town. Below is Nathan Road which is one of the busier streets, and the traffic was pretty light when we were there. But you can notice that the streets are walled in with tall buildings that either house people or offices above the endless shops and restaurants.

How does that song go? "Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs, blocking up the scenery, breaking my mind..."

We took a detour through one of the market streets in the Mong Kok district. You could find everything from towels to jeans, spices to toys, lingerie to shoes.


After a frantic day in the frenzy of the market, is there anything better than Mister Softee?

I think not.
Up next: Where's the guailo? (an interactive game)


3 Comments:
thank you, my friend, for posting all the wonderful pictures of hong kong. as you know, this city holds such a special, special place in our hearts and it always will! we wish we were there with you guys. we love ya'll and can't wait to see where you will take us next. please don't forget to post some pics of CM! have a wonderful time!
craig and jenifer
That's not exactly how the song goes, but I get the point. Can I call you "Mr. Softee"?
Those were the lyrics I found online. I thought they were a bit off too.
Post a Comment
<< Home