Saturday, January 26, 2008

Recommended Reading


I am not a big reader; I never have been. But recently I took someone's suggestion and picked up "The Blind Side" by Michael Lewis.
I'm going to try and keep this brief so you can enjoy it by reading it yourself.

The story centers around current Ole Miss Rebel Michael Oher (who recently opted to stay for his senior year instead of going to the NFL) and a rich, white family that adopts him and saves him from a nomadic life on the streets. However, Lewis does a great job of giving background and insight into the evolution of the pro football game and two of the greatest reasons for the current status of the game- Lawrence Taylor & Bill Walsh.

Some of the greatest moment occur as Lewis tells the story of recruiting visits from
Nick Saban (then of LSU & Miami), Phil Fulmer and Ed Ogeron.

Honestly, Michael Oher's life story is so remarkable itself, that it really is just a matter of not messing it up, but Lewis does a great job.
Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home