Friday, January 11, 2008

New & Improved

Just wanted to let you know about a couple of changes I made to the links section to in the column to the right on the screen.

1. the nomad life
This is a blog about one of my friends who is biking from Oklahoma to Brazil. To me, it is pretty amazing. He has already made it down to Ecuador and it about to start up again, which will include crossing the Andes Mountains and then making his way to the Brazilian coast. He has a bicycle with a few storage bags, a tent, sleeping bag, 2 pairs of clothes, a camera, a little camping stove and a pair of Chacos (and a few other items). His photos are wonderful and the stories of the people he meets are good too.

2. Water Buffalo Tales
This is a blog that focuses on a family that is living in Northern Thailand. Kyle has wonderful insight into Thai life, culture and beliefs. He also has wonderful posts that are thought-provoking about the Christian walk & faith. And he also has family pics and stories. If you are interested in learning more about Thailand or cross-cultural work, I recommend this site.

3. riding a tangent
This is a blog by my friends Russ & Rebecca, whom I met while I was in Thailand. They are a wonderful couple and I treasured our time together as we were fumbling through cross-cultural work. Russ keeps you up to date on current ministries and movements within The Body and also on great, non-mainstream music. Rebecca does a great job of adding insight to different cultures and the struggles of going back and forth. But there is a lot more, so check it out.

4. Tim & Jamie in Thailand
This was a couple that I met at church in Thailand. I didn't know them to well (my loss), but I really enjoy their blog. Again, this focuses a lot on cross-cultural work in Thailand and Asia, but Jamie also had a baby recently, so there will be a lot about their new son and there was an interesting series of "baby-belly" transformation. Tim does video work like me, so you can often catch good videos on the site also (be sure to look up the one of the scooter cam put to the Dukes of Hazard and Knight Rider themes).

Also, you can always check out my thoughts on the Georgia Bulldogs, college football, MLB and other random sports on my other blog Focus on Sports, which is much more active from August to January.

Thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, January 18, 2008, Blogger RD said...

Thanks for the nod!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home