Who are these stupid people?! And why am I one of them?
http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifJust a few months ago, I was talking with a friend's girlfriend- she's a great girl, but she's one of them. By them, I mean one of a growing number of people who run for recreation and enjoyment? Really? Out of all the things you could do for enjoyment, why would you pick running? I can understand people that play tennis, softball or even golf, but I just don't get running for enjoyment (unless you are running to catch a Frisbee).
Well, today for the second time in 2 years, I delved into this sordid world of running.
The church I attend was holding the 20th Annual Polar Bear Run to raise money for the high school choir.

So I braved the barely-above-freezing temperatures and the possibility of sleet to run a 5K race to raise money for the chil'ren. Other than playing Ultimate on a weekly basis in the cold, I really didn't train for the race. But it was an opportunity to help out the kids and also partake in an activity with my dad and stepmother that they enjoy (yeah, they used to be some of the crazies who run for enjoyment). But it was also an opportunity to allow God to manifest His power in me, as there was no way I could do it on my own.
I was shooting for a time of better than 30 minutes...

And after a good start, I managed to hang on to cross the finish line at 28:45, which I was pleased to get.

But I'm still not giving up Ultimate Frisbee for the insanity of running for enjoyment.


1 Comments:
http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSL2825060520080128
Post a Comment
<< Home