Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"When I was your age..."

There are certain things that happen in your life which make you realize that you aren't as young as you used to be and that you are more like your parents that you wish you were. I had one of those moments today.

As I was driving, I was flipping through the radio stations, as I tend to do because of the lack of good radio stations in Atlanta (or anywhere for that matter). From 1 to 6 my presets are: 104.7 the fish, J93.3, 92.9 davefm, Star 94.1, 99.7 Q100 (formerly 99X) and Project 96.1 (formerly 96Rock). I got to the end of the row of buttons and another hard rock song that I didn't care for was on.

I started to think about Atlanta's AOR station and what it has become... a place to listen to hard rock songs I haven't heard of with a regular rotation of grunge songs that don't need the radio play they still get. Furthermore, their morning show is absolutely horrible. I can't even listen to it. I wish I could give you an accurate depiction, but all I can tell you is that it's 2 guys that ramble on-and-on and argue to hear themselves talk. That's about all I know since I usually change the channel in less than 30 seconds.

So I turned the radio to the Easy Listening or Adult Contemporary station- B98.5 to see what they were playing. It was a dated song, but one that I liked. So I decided to drop Project 96.1 and replace it with a much more mature option. And with that, I took another step closer to "turn off that loud racket."

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, April 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the fold my son. I've been here for years...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home