Saturday, January 03, 2009

Good Grief! Who knew, Charlie Brown?

Last night, we went out on a dinner date to St. Peter's Cafe. We found the place on OpenRice.com and decided to try it out. It was a little hard to find and when we walked in we quickly realized it was a Christian-run restaurant. The atmosphere was interesting and it was a little different to eat while listening to praise and worship music, but it felt good to accidentally support Christian business owners. To be honest the food was okay at best. It got an Asian style steak and Rufina had a German beer marinaded chicken. Neither were particularly great and Rufina really didn't care for their pumpkin soup.

We decided to do dessert elsewhere, so we ended up at...

The Charlie Brown Cafe. No, really.
When I first spotted it from Cameron Road in TST East, I thought it was just some kind of half-done rip off, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Everything was done up in the Peanuts theme. The photos won't do it justice because there was so much stuff, but here is a little flavor of what it was like.

My hot chocolate was topped with Charlie's mug... in a Charlie mug.

And the chocolate praline crunch cake featured Woodstock. (Note: there was less praline crunch than I expected, but it was still a decent pick for chocolate lovers.)

We really had a great time and there was no doubt that they went all-out designing the place.

We had primo seats with Peppermint Patty, Marcy and Snoopy.

Rufina and Peppermint Patty. These bronze figures were everywhere and every major character was included.

They even added touches to the bathroom. There was a tile mosaic and this...

...a lighted mirror feature Charlie's face.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, January 04, 2009, Blogger Wendy said...

I've heard of this but have never seen it. Cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home