In theaters now...
The End of the Spear I recently saw a documentary about the true story that this film is about; it was pretty incredible. 5 men and their families moved to the Ecudorian jungle to be missionaries. They kept hearing about this tribe that was very violent. In fact, anthropologist have recorded them as the most violent tribe ever. The men decided that they needed to try and make contact with the tribe and teach them about Jesus. After what looked like a promising start, the 5 men unknowingly got caught up in some family matters within the tribe. That meant one thing to the tribe... someone must get speared.
And that's only the beginning of the story.
I doubt it will make the theaters here, but I know it's an interesting true story and would probably be worth seeing. Also, I'd like to here you comments about the film.
Of course, you could go watch another stupid movie about vampires and werewolves... how original!


2 Comments:
Cathy, Cristi and I went to see this last night. It was really wonderful. We also saw the Documentary "Beyond the Gates of Splendor" at Forestville a few weeks ago.
The part hat struck me the most was when Nate Saint told his young son Steve that it wouldn't be right for him to shoot the savages in self defense because "they're not ready for Heaven... and we are"
"The God of creation speared his own son so we could someday live well"
I saw "Beyond the Gate of Splendor" New Year's Eve with some friends. It was really good and it is an amazing story.
Post a Comment
<< Home