Saturday, March 18, 2006

Finish Line

Well, I did it... I manage to finish the 5K. I did not stop to walk; I kept running/jogging the whole way. It was a good time, but it was also difficult. There were times when I wanted to stop... in those moments, I just asked God for strength and He delivered.


"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:14

It's funny because I have know quite a few people who have taken up running later in life and to be honest, I have no freakin' idea why! But it was wonderful to do something beyond my own ability, for a cause greater than myself. I ran so Burmese people might have hope and so more people might know about the struggle in Burma. Thousands of Burmese run daily... for their lives.

Props to this mom who pushed these 2 orphans the whole way!

5 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, March 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Jason! You've inspired me to go to Curves!!
What an encouragement!
Ruth McK

 
At 1:43 PM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Ginny said...

Mabruk, J. I'm proud of you. :)

 
At 8:16 AM, March 19, 2006, Blogger Rick Boyne said...

Congrats and kudos! They'd be carrying me off on a gurney!

 
At 10:10 PM, March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outstanding!!! now we can do Kenessaw when you get back ;->,

 
At 7:36 AM, March 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, When you are 60 you will understand perfectly well why it is a good idea to KEEP ON RUNNING! When you are my age you will not regret being in shape. Greetings from the land of sag and drag. C. McK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home