Thursday, March 23, 2006

Touch of Grey

I just got back from another assignment. You can see what I did by checking on the Voices of the Faithful website next month. It was an interesting trip. One of the things that struck me most was the grey in the city. The city is located in a basin surrounded by mountains, so it is constantly overcast. To be honest, the grey really made me tired and a little down; I imagine it does the same for the people that live there. Pray that the 8+ million poeple that live there would get a good dose of Son-shine.


Guys playing cards and gambling. A common thing in China.


I handed the camera over to this girl to have some fun with her friends. They were hanging out a tea house, playing Ma Jong (a Chinese version of dominoes). The place was filled with mostly older folks, drinking tea and playing Ma Jong (think bingo night).


"Yes, Virginia, there is a Super 8 in China."- actually quite a few. These were my slippers for the hotel room.

4 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Ginny said...

Yay for the Super 8s!

 
At 2:40 AM, April 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you weren't in my city? Seems like they could all be called the Gray City...

 
At 6:21 AM, April 04, 2006, Blogger JasonC said...

I've also heard of Gray-jo or "zhou" or however you do that stupid pinying thing.

 
At 8:21 AM, April 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that's classic! New to me, but it sure fits! "Hello, welcome to Grayzhou, the city where the sun never shines and the smog turns the insides of your nose black..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home