Monday, May 29, 2006

Bon Voyage

He's smart, he's short, he's Thai and with a point and stare that recalls fond memories of Billie D. Williams... he is Wee.
And he is gone...


Wee is in America for a few months to work at a Christian camp in Texas. He'll be joining 2 other Thai friends from Chiang Mai (Neurng and Gahn).


Above: Wee saying goodbye to Bay at the bus station (who knew you could ride a bus from Thailand to Texas?!). Below: Wee saying goodbye to more friends. As you can tell from the picture, Wee has many Thai and farang friends.

I'm gonna miss Wee; he is probably my best Thai friend. I have enjoyed getting to know him and learning from him. Wee left just in time too, my Catan skillz just came back and it would be shame to see him lose so many games.

Please pray for Wee, Neurng and Gahn as they get some Christian training and work with others to build the kingdom. I know Wee has a heart to do ministry in Northern Thailand, so this is great opportunity. And don't worry, Wee can speak English, so I don't wanna hear any "dem foreigners should learnta speak English, if ther' gonnuh come over here." (I have a new perspective on the subject since I am now the foreigner). Take care of my friend.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,
Thank you so much for your blog. wow wow wow you had totally forgot to tell them(girls) that I'm single and looking for....
hahaha I love your blog and thanks again for friendship and you are one of my best friend too( especially when we play games) well I will be back in a couple months and I will show you who is the real champion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home