Chiang Mai: The Dinner Pile
After a full day of seeing "Chiang Mai: Local Style" and playing Ultimate Frisbee, we finished the day off with a rowdy bunch at a little "dim sum" restaurant. (I'm the 'pasty' guy in the corner of the shot.)


In case you have never had dim sum, which is Chinese, not Thai, it's a bunch of little steamer bowls filled with little morsels of food stuffed in a wrapper- think Jeno's pizza rolls, but steamed and not as good. Or maybe processed meat in a gooey dumpling. Sounds good doesn't it? That's what I was thinking too. However, don't let Noon and Russ know that's how you feel or they will give you "the Look". Most of these were filled with shrimp or pork - so definitely not the most Kosher meal I've eaten.

Alas, my pickiness was a blessing to people like Gade who "love them some dim sum."
Poor Neung! With 11 people at the table, you knew the food wouldn't last. In fact, after Gade stacked the empty bowls, we had eaten 72 bowls of dim sum.
So that was last Saturday. Just another reminder of how blessed I am to be here and to have awesome friends. Thank you all for the wonderful time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home