Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Just what I needed

Last night, I found a Thai restaurant in Richmond to eat dinner at. I spoke with the waitress in Thai and enjoyed some Kra Paw Gai Raad Khaw (basil leaf chicken & rice). Then I finished it up with a little DQ soft-serve (like I did many times in Thailand). It was a refreshing flashback to my life in Thailand (although it cost me about $14 more than it would in Chiang Mai).
Later, I got to catch up with Rufina on the phone.
Then, this morning, I was setting at breakfast and this guy Todd came over to sit with me. We had never met, but as we talked we realized we had a lot in common:
1. He served in Bangkok when he was younger at the Student Center. So we reminisced about Thailand. He even knew a few people I had met in Thailand.
2. He works in Central Asia, so he knew Don and my teammate Will/Bill. So we were able to catch up on people we knew. He even was familiar with some of the work that my team does.
3. His brother does video production in Atlanta, so he understood a lot about editing systems and "shop talk".
4. He also knew my bosses Craig and Van.
I can't express how good it was to have someone there that I could talk to about video, Thailand and friends who actually understood a little of what I was talking about.
Todd works overseas too, so say a little prayer for Todd and his family and thank Dad for blessing my day with breakfast with Todd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home