Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Confessions of Guilty Pleasures

Okay, I didn't have a working TV while I was in Thailand (more accurately, I didn't have cable or satellite which meant no TV), so I got used to not watching TV for 2 years. Now I am back in the land of thousands of channels (with very little good programming). One of the shows my mom has drawn me into is "Dancing with the Stars".

Overall, it's just another American Idol rip off, but I like the competitiveness of it, but more importantly, I like the dancing. Some of you probably don't know, but for 2 years I took ballroom and Latin dancing about a decade ago. I have forgotten most of it, but I really enjoyed it and would love to take lessons again (especially if I could find a deal like I did then). I have enjoyed seeing the guys stumble through routines and see them counting steps in their heads (as I did). And I have enjoyed seeing some of the contestants really do well and get good in a short amount of time.
One Monday night's episode, Joey (from n'sync) and his parter danced the Mambo (aka Salsa) and when it was Bruno (one of the judges) time to comment on the dance he said, "You pimped the Mambo!" I can see it now, the next great catch-phrase: "You pimped the Mambo!" See a guy make a great move and score a TD- He pimped the Mambo. What about a QB sack? Pimping the Mambo. A guy getting a date with a beautiful girl? Maybe... lemme get back with you on that one.

See what TV does to you?


BTW, I think Apollo or Joey will win, but Layla has a shot too.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, May 11, 2007, Blogger RD said...

Although I've heard a lot about this show, I have yet to see a single second of it on tv. But I figure with 24 and Lost (two shows that our Thailand friends got me hooked on!) plus Gilmore Girls (another one I started in Thailand), I've got enough!
rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home