Post du Jour
Break out the fish sauce, dice the garlic cloves and set the burner to low heat on the inner ring- it's time to cook THAI STYLE!
Meet Yui- chef extraordinaire and teacher at A lot of Thai home cooking class. Believe it or not, I spent almost all of Tuesday at a Thai cooking class... and it was a blast!

Above, Yui gets it started with some Green Curry with Chicken (Gaeng Kiowan Gai). I have to admit, I am not a big curry fan, but with Yui's help, I made some darn good green curry. Below, is a shot of our class, which was mostly Brits. Everything went well except we had to keep listening to questions about the proper way to serve tea and crumpets with fish sauce and sticky rice (joking- they were fun).

Above, Yui, Ginny and I get a graduation photo after we passed the course (by not burning the garlic). We made 6 dishes during the day and also visited a local market to learn what to buy. Below, I show off my final dish: Spring Rolls (not shown: Phad Thai Gai, Tom Yum Goung, Mango & Sticky Rice and Cashew Chicken Stir Fry). By the way, I totally recommend "A lot of Thai" cooking school; it was fun, Yui is a great teacher, the food was wonderful, they pick you up in an old VW van, you get a stylish cookbook and the menu's are great & change daily. Check it out!
Finally, Gin showed off her diverse culinary skills by fixing me a Mexican dinner on Friday night. Tacos, chips and salsa and banana pudding for dinner (okay, so banana pudding isn't really Mexican, but are you gonna argue if someone fixes you banana pudding?... I didn't think so!).
Christy, we mailed you the leftovers, so be on the look out for them in a few weeks.


1 Comments:
Uh, Gin...you never make Mexican for ME!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home