Sunday, April 23, 2006

King of the Mountain... and other things.

As if a Friday full of Songkran wasn't enough, we decided to tackle some new heights on Saturday. Ginny and I went hiking at Doi Pui (a local mtn). During the process, I'm sad to say that I gave in and became a "tree-hugger"- please hold the biting remarks and put downs (I'm sure they have a 12 step program for it). Actually, I love hiking here and wish I did it more often, but the heat usually deters me.


After a little hiking and checking a at Hmong (hill tribe) village, we stopped at this waterfall on the way down the mountain. It was huge, with many different levels. There were many Thai families there picnicking and kids enjoying the water.

Yeah, you know what that means... Catan... Settlers of Catan, to be precise.

Craig, Ginny and I got our game on. And here in CM, we play WITH the robber (as noted in the photo above).

It was a strange game, with many of the resources clumped together and 9's and 7's being rolled constantly. Everytime I had a gameplan, something happened to change that gameplan, but in the end all the changes led me to a victory (as noted by the frustration on Ginny and Craig's faces).

Stay tuned, there's more to come... including big, grey animals with trunks.

3 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, April 26, 2006, Blogger jason7655 said...

I SO want this game...it's no longer free on msn.com and the board version is a bit expensive.

 
At 2:06 PM, April 26, 2006, Blogger Ginny said...

Try ebay!

 
At 7:41 AM, May 01, 2006, Blogger jason7655 said...

good idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home