Body building
I am logging tapes from a trip last summer. Honestly, logging is one of my least favorite things about the job. Currently, I'm in the midst of logging 31 tapes- shot by shot by shot. But occasionally, you find a great little nugget or a memory gets jarred and it's a wonderful thing. I found this soundbite from a college student who was teaching English to Asian students last summer.
"But the students are so hungry to know. And a lot of them do know bits and pieces of the Gospel. And I just feel like the people who taught them that, it was a while ago. The team who was here last summer, and so they taught them a little bit. And then these kids have just been waiting, sitting around for the next person to come along and tell them more and share with them more. And that just breaks my heart that there isn’t somebody here or a group of people here like us all the time, that can help them grow and share the message of Christ to them. It just kills me. I almost cry every night just knowing that I’m going to leave and not everybody will know Christ. But I know everything is in God’s timing.
And there are sowers and there are reapers. And we’re seeing the benefits here, we’re reaping what other people have sown from before. And now we’re sowing what other people are going to reap later. And I just have to have faith that there will be people here later, and that our prayers even can help these people grow. And God’s Spirit is here, moving in this place. It almost feels like we don’t even really have to do anything. Like His Spirit is here doing all the work. And the people here before, He used them. And we’re just here for Christ to use us, just ambassadors. And things have just popped up out of nowhere, totally unexpected, that just have amazed us, like the opportunities to share with people.
And it kind of makes me wonder since there have been so many opportunities for me to share with people here, why don’t I see that many opportunities at home? Am I missing them? Am I not being so sensitive to the Spirit? And I think that’s one thing, when I go home that’s going to be really different for me. That I think people are just as hungry in the States and in my home, with my friends, that I think I have been missing the opportunities to share with them."
"I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow." 1 Corinthians 3:6


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home