Last Game of this Season
While the title may have you thinking this is a misplaced story about the Buckeye and the Gators that I should have posted on my sports blog, I can assure that this is the right location for the coverage of this sporting event.
Saturday marked what will be the last game (for an undetermined amount of time) of Ultimate Frisbee that I play in Chiang Mai.
It has become some what of a ritual that like my time in Thailand has its roots in Richmond. I started playing Ultimate- once considered the ugly, hippy stepson of other sports such as football or soccer (or futbol, if you will) and almost immediately, I fell in love with it.
God blessed me by finding like-minded people (and even some like-minded brothers) who also shared a love for Ultimate. It has been my only truly regular source of excercise while I have been here (as noted by my enlarged belly).
Enough waxing poetically- Saturday, I was able to enjoy a great game with a bunch of folks that have become friends over the past year or so. Thanks to some great effort and a late arrival by Tohng, the team I was on made a rally to win the match. It was a great game between 2 good teams and I managed to finish the game on a high note. I had one long scoring catch and a great cut and catch on one of the other teams better defenders and then was able to slip a hooking disc past him to a hard-running Connor who scored to put us a point away from the win. If Jerry Rice played Ultimate, he would have looked a lot like me on Saturday (seriously).
Don't worry if I sound arrogant, because in the next game we played (a short one before sunset), I was put in my place by a 15-year-old that made me feel every bit of almost 34.
I am so thankful for a great times I have shared with these guys and many more not seen (including a handful of girls that were great competitors also).Moving Left to Right from the guy with the sexy knees: James, John, Tohng, Justin, Clayton, Connor, Dee, Noah and Al.
Thank you all!


1 Comments:
Adam wants you to take him to the frisbee golf course. He's already beeating me in golf.
Post a Comment
<< Home