Weekend Recap
This past weekend I held a moving sale. In case you didn't hear, I am moving to Hong Kong on June 18th. I was trying to sell a bunch of stuff that I had been keeping in a storage unit. Getting out of the storage unit was going to save me quite a bit of money and I was hoping to make a little money in the process. Thanks to my friend Lori, my dad and my mom's friend, Linda, the sale was a success.
I made another big sale later on Saturday night...

I sold my car. I bought this car new in February of 2000 and it was the first new car I had ever had and the first car that I had bought on my own. So after 8 years and some history, I was a little sad to say goodbye, but I got a good price and the money will help me make my move.
For a couple of months, I have been observing ESL (English as a Second Language) classes at the church I have been attending. I was hoping to get more familiar with teaching English to non-native speakers, so I will have a better chance at getting teaching jobs in Hong Kong. It has been a wonderful experience and I really look forward to going to the class. We have people from China, the Middle East, Central America, Korea, Romania, Russia and Vietnam in the class.
One thing that I have noted is the importance of learning to listen. While I don't have the teaching skills and experience that some teachers have, I was blessed to live overseas and learn to listen to people from other cultures. I am by no means an expert and I could definitely improve my listening skills, but I was reminded how important listening is. There really is no communication unless one party is listening and preferably both parties are listening.


1 Comments:
I remember that car. I'm sure it was sad to see someone else drive off in it, but it's gotta feel great to be so free of all the STUFF we acquire. You can truly go anywhere and do anything if you don't have to haul around (or store) so much stuff. Good luck to you in your next adventure.
Post a Comment
<< Home