Monday, January 04, 2010

Oh, Kota!

Rufina and I went on our delayed honeymoon last week between Christmas and New Year's. We went to the city of Kota Kinabalu which is in the province of Sabah which is on the Borneo part of Malaysia. Got that? Don't worry more geography lessons to come.

On the second day of our trip we went whitewater rafting. It was a pretty good time on relatively easy rapids. It would have been a little better if grandpa and his loud adult son would have actually paddled so I wasn't the only one on my side paddling or if they would have sat properly in the raft instead of dragging their feet in the water and making my paddle harder. But before I make it sound bad, I want to reassure you it was a good time and it was good to be out in nature on a river. This is me after the rafting trip and lunch.


Later that day, we took another river trip, but this time on a river boat on a river that you definitely didn't want to swim in. I think it was the Klias River which was southwest of Kota Kinabalu (KK).

The two main objectives of the trip were to see Proboscis Monkeys and a special type of fireflies. We did see quite a few monkeys which you can see in the trees. The Proboscis Monkeys are the ones with the big nose that looks like a Sesame Street character's snoz.


I think one of the highlights of the river cruise was the sunset which had some beautiful colors. I couldn't really get a good shot of the fireflies, but is looked like someone had put little LED Christmas lights on some of the trees.


More of the trip to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home